How we gather, use, disclose and manage a website visitor's data.
Last updated: 30 October 2018
SciSports (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.scisports.com website (the “Website”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Website and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Website to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) that can be used to contact you and provide you with the information you want from us, such as a newsletter. The information that is needed for this service may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name
- (Business) E-mail
Usage Data / Coookies
We may also collect information how the Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
SciSports uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Website
- To notify you about changes to our Website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Website
- To monitor the usage of the Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Protection Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the Netherlands and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the Netherlands and process it there.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Disclosure Of Data
SciSports may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of SciSports
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide the Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
– have a contract with Google;
– have ‘masked’ the final octet of your IP-adress;
– turned of (the option to) share data with Google;
– do not use other Google services with Google Analytics.
Period of storage
All collected data is stored for 38 months.
You have to right to request access to and rectification or erasure of Personal Data or restriction of processing as well as the right to data portability. Furthermore you have the right to object to processing and/or lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
Links To Other Site
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com
SciSports Holding B.V.
7521 AN Enschede