GET THE EDGE OVER OPPONENTS
Knowing every detail of your upcoming opponent can have a highly valuable impact on the team's performance. With SciSports, you can produce data-driven reports to provide comprehensive insights for coaching staff and players.
PERSONALISED OPPONENT ANALYSIS
Preparing for an upcoming match can have a variety of influences. From a quick turnaround since the last game to unique on-field challenges posed by the opposition, there is very rarely a set process for Opponent Analysis. That’s why the SciSports app allows for the on-demand creation of reports with personalised factors based on the upcoming opponent. This includes selecting the team you want to analyse, selected matches played by that team and the formation you expect to line-up with on matchday.
- Create the Opponent Analysis report whenever suits your workflow best
- Customise your report to suit the needs of the coaching staff and players
- Make the most relevant analysis based on selected matches of the opponent
- Prepare for the match with personalised tactical elements
IN-DEPTH OPPONENT INSIGHTS
Within a customised report, the Opponent Analysis will include analysis on the Game Principles of the selected opponent. Split into three categories – Build-up play, Chance creation and Out of possession – the analysis offers a comprehensive breakdown of the team’s playing style. The frequency of all eight specific action types is benchmarked against all teams in the league across the season as well as during the selected matches in the app. All of this information enables a deeper understanding of the opponent and therefore provides necessary insights for tactical plans.
- Gain unique insights across a range of Game Principles
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses to create a tactical plan
- Benchmark the team’s playing style against the whole league
- Analyse playing style in selected matches to find recurring trends
DETECT AND ANALYSE KEY PLAYERS
In addition to Game Principles at team level, the reports also identify top performers within the team’s most influential action types. By detecting and analysing players who have considerable influence on the team’s key principles, users can prepare for the opponent with knowledge of their strengths. Focussing on these key areas helps to better inform coaching staff and players of what they can expect from the upcoming opponent.
- Identify key players for the upcoming opponent
- Use data-driven insights to better inform coaching staff and players
- Understand the strengths that the opponent will bring
- Share information with staff for further analysis by video
IDENTIFYING TRENDS IN SET-PIECES
Set-pieces can often decide the outcome of matches. That is why being aware of the opponent’s trends from set-pieces can help gain a competitive edge on the pitch. From analysis of penalties, free-kicks and corner-kicks, the Opponent Analysis report shines a light on where the upcoming team could be a danger from set-pieces. This includes visualisations and information beginning from the start of the previous season.
- Understand where the opponent is most dangerous from set-pieces
- Prepare for areas of strength in the opponent
- Added context to better inform the tactical plan
- Provide ready-made visualisations to coaching staff and players
- 1 Opponent Analysis report based on selected parameters
- Upfront payment
- Delivery by a SciSports consultant
- Season long Opponent Analysis reports based on selected parameters
- Upfront payment
- Self-service module (1 year license)